Monday 16 February 2015

Batman-Blu-Ray Review

At last the Batman TV series has arrive on DVD and Blu-Ray. You can get the series as complete or broken up into seasons. I brought the Blu-Ray limited box set, that I thought no sets were arrive in Australia, yet the set had arrive. My set is from the UK.

So make this set interesting to get; apart from the remastered of the series in full colours. For me it was the model of 1966 Batmobile, 1966 reduction cartoon trading cards (which are unopen, because I know what they look like as I have them when I first brought them back in 1966), Adam West Scrapbook and the nice package of the box, also on the side there is a button, when press it plays the theme.

Now for the Disc themselves, this being the first pressing there are few minor points, on the first episode there is no opening narration (this was taken from a syndication  episode), in season two some of the bumper previews of next week villains are missing. I believe in the second pressing these have been fixed. For me I'm not really worry at all.

The 120 episodes looks really nice, it was fun to watch them again, some of the Favourites episodes were a joy to watch, like Green Hornet crossover, Bruce Lee would cream Adam West and Burt Ward single handled.  What surprise in the second episode with the Riddler, there is a death. The Batgirl episodes are fun to watch, the theme song is bit silly. All the guest villains all do their job really well, from Frank Gorshin,  Burgess Meredith,Cesar Romero, Julie Newman and Vincent Price.

As for the extras, there is a whole disc worth, looking at the series, the car, and what worth collecting. Sadly, I wish could have been some commentaries on some episodes. Overall  I think the series is great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment